Instructions: Print out this questionanaire and answer
the following questions using maps and/or by exploring on your
own in the Borough. Write your answers on this page and bring it
to class on February 18. We will use your answers to begin our
discussion of West Chester geography.
Note: When referring to blocks, give the three digit
number to the nearest hundred followed by the name of the street.
For instance, Main Hall is located in the 700-block of S. High
Street, Anderson Hall is in the 700-block of S. Church St., and
Sykes Student Union is in the 100-block of W. Rosedale Avenue.
- What streets border Marshall Square Park? Which
intersection is nearest to the war memorial?
- What is the address of the tallest building on the 000-block
of W. Market Street? Is the building's name incorporated into
the design of the building? If so, then what is it?
- Which of these streets is widest: W. Nields Street, S.
Franklin Street or S. Church Street?
- What is located at 501 E. Miner Street? What about 601 E.
- What streets does the railroad cross in West Chester? In
what block does it end?
- What is located on the east side of the 300-block of N.
- What is located on the southeast corner of W. Lafayette
Street and N. Church Street?
- Where does Evans Alley intersect High Street?
- The "Dague Building" is located at 235 W. Market Street.
For what purpose is it used?
- Where is the lowest ground elevation on West Chester
University's North Campus?
- Select an address not mentioned previously, identify it and
describe it so that someone else will know that you have seen it.
[Example: The West Chester Golf & County Club clubhouse is
located at 111 W. Ashbridge Street.]
- Repeat the previous item using a different block in the