Timeline for Completing Group Project
- Form a group (we'll have one 4-member group and two 3-member groups).
- Choose a text.
- Your group must submit your three ranked choices to me by this Friday (28 March) noon, via email.
IMPORTANT NOTE on choosing a text or texts: The text(s) you choose should be of interest to you, and it/they should be of the length and complexity to give you plenty to do (i.e. to support a good number of lexia). If you like a lyric of a poet but don't think it could support the project's scope, you could choose a small selection of poems to discuss. Choosing a well-known text or texts has its advantages, but so does choosing something less canonical (such as the satisfaction of telling people about it!). You may, but you don't have to include an electronic edition of the text(s) (if available) in your project.
1 April: Yes, all this is due this week, no fooling!!
- Submit your preliminary plan for your project
- Assign who will do what (including the person responsible for the HTML encoding).
- List what lexia you'll be providing:
- historical contexts
- interpretative commentary
- literary relations (intertextual relations)
- biography of writer
- reception history of text
- images connected with text or writer
- whatever else you think interesting and appropriate
- Submit, via email, by this date (before classtime), an update on what you've accomplished so far. This must include:
- a bibliography of critical materials being used in the project
- a list of websites being used in the project.
- a "site plan" (see xerox given out in class).
- rough drafts of at least one-half of your interpretive lexia.
- The "first draft" version of your webpages will be submitted to me via email for checking and critique. They must be delivered by the end of class.
- Presentation of your webpages to the class. Give us a tour.
- The "revised draft" of your webpages will be due at the end of class.
- After reviewing the pages, I will submit them to the ACC to be put on the WWW, linked to our class projects page. I'll let you know when they're up.
Return to Directions for Group Project.