West Chester University
World Wide Web Policy
West Chester University's World Wide Web servers are a campus wide
information service that provide access to interactive, electronic,
on-line information. The information is provided by designated individuals
from various organizations within the University community.
The WCU Web is administered by the Office of Academic Computing
/ Technology Systems.
WHO MAY USE THE SERVER
Any official campus organization, such as schools, an
administrative office, an academic department, or a registered student
organization may provide information to be delivered by WCU Web and
designate an information provider.
Information Providers must meet the following requirements:
- Have approval for the information provided from the Dean /
Director / Department / Head of the official campus organization.
- The Information Provider is responsible for the accuracy, currency, and
content of their information as well as any restrictions that may apply.
- Final approval for content rests with the University, representented by
the Office of Public Relations and Department of Technology Systems.
WHAT THE POLICIES ARE
- No person shall use a computer or ID that was not assigned to them.
- No person shall try in any way to obtain a password for another account.
- No person shall deliberately perform acts which are wasteful of computing resources
or which unfairly monopolize resources to the exclusion of others.
- The following type of information cannot be placed on any University computer system.
- That which infringes upon the rights of another person.
- That which may injure someone else and/or lead to a lawsuit or criminal charges;
examples are pornographic materials or libelous statements.
- That which consists of any advertisements for commercial enterprises.
CONSEQUENCES FOR BREAKING THESE POLICIES
Violation of one or more of these published policies will result in a loss of access to the
University computing systems.
Offenders may also be subject to criminal prosecution under federal or state law, and
should expect the University to persue such action.
Please read the Automated Account Directions.
For more information contact Academic Computing
Services / Technology Systems at x2828.